Search This Blog

Sunday 17 February 2013

HEAVEN TOUCHED


Yes, I believe so. I am heaven touched in many ways than just the biblical sense.

On February 15th, just a day after my wife and I exchanged banquets of flowers and reminded ourselves of how much we love each other, somebody was watching the skies for a potentially hazardous asteroid 2012 DA14 to make sure I stayed out of harm's way. The asteroid which was about 45 meters in diameter, at the time of close approach to the Earth's surface flew about 27,000 kilometers nearly double the distance between United States and home sweet home Uganda.

The object this large to have got to me, it would have had to first knock down an enormous number of "low Earth-orbiting satellites, including the International Space Station". Well, I can sleep now and the boys will continue monitoring it and predict its future orbit.

Away from the skies, I still continue to be heaven touched. Heaven touched that I was not born, raised and definitely will not die a slave. My claim would be very far from a black man like me, born and raised in the 19th and early 20th Century America. The Black History in the World's super power and most democratic nation is tainted by gross abuse and deprivation of basic freedoms. The Obama country is in the middle of Black History Month, if you care read more on "the slave narratives".

Well, I am not heaven touched as I thought I was. Another missive from President Museveni addressing what he calls "Dr. Besigye's lies and distortions" was out in the papers yesterday. The President recited a litany of his military achievements. He is never at fault but "groups that sabotage projects and then turn round and pretend to be concerned" are. Mr. President, you can solve all of the world's problems, you just need more time.

We give him another 100 years, I beg to move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment